WORK WITH US
Novo Boutique Living is a new hospitality concept that bridges the gap between corporate housing and boutique hotel life. By offering full-service, tastefully furnished apartments, Novo’s ultimate goal is to not only provide today’s generation of the modern traveler with a home, but more importantly, a community to which they can connect, network and foster meaningful relationships. With locations spanning NYC, LA, Austin, Houston, Mexico City and Berlin, Novo seeks to revolutionize and usher in the new era of global business travel by featuring 24/7 support, concierge access and a calendar of unique events to bring each of our members together while getting acclimated to the new city. We call it “Boutique Living” and we invite you to join our team!
We are looking for a revenue management professional based in New York City to manage property rooms revenue worldwide. As Revenue Manager, you will work closely with our hotel General Manager to create and implement strategies to maximize revenues.
- Responsible for Revenue Management System. Forecasting validation and daily interaction with the system
- Evaluate segmentation and pricing, monitor competitive rates, positioning, strategies and data.
- Ensure that distribution channels and reservation sources are updated with competitive pricing and correct information
- Formulate and execute Yield Management strategies
- Prepare relevant reports on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Facilitate ongoing Sales and Revenue Strategy meetings
Who You Are:
- 3 years minimum revenue management experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Administration, Business, Marketing or Finance
- In-depth understanding of tools – spreadsheets, statistical methods for analyzing data, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, PMS, etc
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new tools as needed
- Effective written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with Booking, OTA, GDS (such as AirBnB, Booking.com, etc)
SALES | BOOKING TEAM
As a Booking Agent, you will report directly to the Booking Manager, and will be the point of contact for prospective members. With the Booking Manager and C-Level executives, you will lead negotiations, ensuring that they receive excellent customer service.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and generate new member leads
- Analyze lead opportunities and execute the processes for onboarding set by booking manager
- Maintain engagement with current members and facilitate lease renewals
- Arrange first meeting from tour to negotiation and close
- Meet clear OKRs, with a specific focus on growing a book of business
- Update and organize internal CRM systems to track pipeline and distill insights from data
- Measure sales effectiveness and prepare statistics for weekly and monthly team meetings
- B2B and B2C sales
Who You Are:
- Real estate agent with furnished housing experience
- Fluent in English; any additional language is a strong plus
- Degree from a 4-year, accredited university or comparable experience
EVENTS/ EXPERIENCE INTERNSHIP
Novo is a socially driven, community-led boutique housing agency serving a new generation of global business and leisure travelers. We are proud to be solving the loneliness of travel every day by ushering in a new era of curated boutique living.
We provide all of the comforts of home combined with hotel amenities as well as access to 4-6 monthly tailored events organized and executed by Novo. Placing culture; music, art and food, at the center of every members’ experience with Novo, our aim is to bring people together through the arts; one curated experience at a time.
Our members are professionals across the spectrum of many diverse business sectors. Offering quality accommodation, 24/7 support from our expert team and creating close-knit communities that share a thirst for unique cultural and socially-driven experiences, Novo is set to change the face of global business travel.
We’re looking for an Events/Experience intern who shares our enthusiasm for creating unique experiences for our members in NYC. The Experience department holds the overall responsibility of defining and managing Novo Membership services, including event programming and event execution, membership perks and services, and member communications.
- Supporting the Experience team across many different projects centred around the planning and execution of the monthly calendar of events
- Creating detailed event briefs, budgets and copy and content for marketing materials including digital and physical invites
- Assist with logistical planning of events including hiring talent, service personnel, caterers, alcohol vendors etc.
- Event execution; overseeing details such as event promotional materials, invitee list, special guests, decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, equipment and hosting
- Creation of materials that describe and promote Novo events and any other membership-specific materials, working closely with the marketing department, including event write-ups, invites, calendars
- Ensuring the execution and collection of quality photo and video documentation of Novo events for web, social media and marketing purposes
- Ensuring that the company’s projected goals, ethos and identity is embedded in the Novo Experience for members across the board
- Developing strong connections and collaborations with external partners and brands
- Prior experience in planning and executing events
- A high level of attention to detail
- A mastery of the written word
- Readiness to collaborate with and learn from a diverse crew of other creatives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment juggling multiple projects
- Prior internship experience in a creative environment is a plus
- An interest in, if not obsession with, travel/lifestyle/hospitality/music/art/food
GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERNSHIP
We are looking for highly motivated, results-oriented, designers with a passion for creating engaging digital content.
As part of our team, you will also connect with other interns, engage in networking and professional development opportunities and work on impactful opportunities vital to the future success of our business.
- Preparing images to coincide with social and blog posts
- Assist with website and blog updates
- Assist with the design of marketing materials (Social Content, Marketing emails, Newsletters etc.)
- Assist with video production (shooting, editing, etc.), as well as other projects as assigned
- Excellent computer knowledge for MAC environments
- Must be proficient in basic design programs including Adobe Creative Suite and knowledge of video editing software.
- Writing and proofing skills are a plus
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and administrative skills
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified timeframes
- Organized, dependable and detail oriented
- Team Player Quick Learner and Efficient High sense of urgency
- Able to work well under pressure
DATA & Research INTERNSHIPS
SPRING 2018 – All cities
We are seeking a highly motivated, hardworking individual who is interested in learning the ins and outs of market research (both qualitative and quantitative). Candidates must be detail-oriented and have a passion for understanding human behavior within the wine market while becoming an expert with our tools of measurement.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of marketing and business analytics. Those looking to gain valuable market research experience with an innovative and creative organization are encouraged to apply.
- Support US marketing team on a wide variety of research projects
- Compile, synthesize and analyze research collected from secondary sources
- Quality control measures for survey links and presentation documents
- Assist with report creation (for both qualitative and quantitative research projects), including analysis, data entry, and chart/table creation in Excel/PPT
- Run basic quantitative analyses and be very comfortable working with numbers
- Create market reports and insights
- Business analysis for US marketing and programming
- Analyze and assess research materials from competing organizations
- Students applying for this internship should be Business, Economics, Marketing majors with a strong understanding of data and statistical trends
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Experience with market analytics a significant plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to multitask and take initiative
- Intern must be a creative self-starter with strong critical thinking skills and ability to work independently.
- Preference given to students with experience in hospitality/ real estate/ travel.College credit available.
SOCIAL MEDIA/MKTG INTERNSHIP
SPRING 2018 – NYC
The Social Media Intern will be assisting in the writing, review and editing of marketing material and coordinate social media activities for the organization. This role will work collaboratively with staff from across the organization to promote their goals and messages while maintaining and aligning with corporate message and image. This person will play a pivotal role in executing and refining Novo Boutique Living’s credibility and build communities to create integrated marketing campaigns ensuring consistency in voice and brand.
- Understand the goal, audience, and message of a campaign and create copy to suit. Write advertising copy for use by publication or broadcast media to promote sale of goods and services.
- Research, write, edit and proof all levels of copy included headlines and body copy, for all online, offline, external and internal needs.
- Build and implement social media programs that ensure appropriate messaging is executed online, to support corporate goals, incorporating Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Slideshare, Google+, etc.
- Monitor social media groups, trends, tools, and applications and recommend actions/next steps.
- Work closely with colleagues across the organization to develop and post content to social networking sites.
- Regularly report insights gained from social media monitoring to internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor and engage in brand-related online conversations.
- Monitor the company’s social media performance usage reports and tracking search engine results.
- Use creative thinking and initiative to analyze performance metrics and make recommendations on content, or features to improve the effectiveness
- Respond to social media inquiries about online activities in a timely and courteous fashion.
- Provide support to other team members on online promotions (such as Hubspot/Wordpress, Google, AdWords campaigns and email marketing).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, metrics and tracking
- Project management and organization skills
- Learns quickly and able to change in fast paced environment
- Ability to handle the pressure of meeting tight deadlines
- Studying Journalism, PR, Communications, Hospitality or related field
- Web publishing experience
- Experience as a copywriter or social media coordinator